When I try the webapp in my browser I get a "WebGL is not supported message" and the app does not load.
Problem: In some cases the app cannot start and the user sees "Error: WebGL is not supported" message.
How to fix:
The "WebGL is not supported" error message you're seeing is due to the fact that the Ideamapper app requires WebGL support, but your version of your browser or your computer's graphics card doesn't support it. Here are a few steps you can take to try to fix this issue:
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of your browser. WebGL support has improved significantly over the years, so upgrading to the latest version of your browser may help.
- Check that your graphics card supports WebGL. You can use a tool like WebGL Report (https://webglreport.com/) to see if your graphics card supports WebGL and which version it supports. If your graphics card doesn't support WebGL, you may need to upgrade your hardware.
- Check that hardware acceleration is enabled in your browser:
- For Google Chrome: Open a new tab, type "chrome://flags" into the address bar and press Enter. Then search for "Hardware" and make sure that the setting for "Use hardware acceleration when available" is set to "Enabled".
- Check that WebGL is enabled in your browser.
- For Google Chrome: Open a new tab, type "chrome://flags" into the address bar and press Enter. Then search for "WebGL" and make sure that it's set to "Enabled". You may also want to enable other WebGL-related flags, such as "WebGL Draft Extensions" and "WebGL Image Chafe and Multisampling".
- Try running Ideamapper in a different browser. Some browsers, such as Firefox, or Google Chrome may have better WebGL support on your particular computer than the browser you are using.
- Check that any ad-blocking or privacy-focused extensions you have installed aren't blocking WebGL. These extensions can sometimes interfere with WebGL rendering.
Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get the Ideamapper running in your browser.
Try the WebApp Beta
The ideamapper webapp allows you to use ideamapper on a web browser (most up-to-date browsers will work). The webapp looks and feels very similar to the desktop application Click here to try. Click here for more information about it.
What is the WebApp Beta ("Demo") edition?
IdeaMapper is available as public beta webapp at https://webappdemo.ideamapper.com. This document has been updated on Monday, 20th of March 2023. Click here for more information on what a webapp is. Please note a number of important messages: You use ...
What is the ideamapper webapp?
The ideamapper webapp allows you to use ideamapper on a web browser (most up-to-date browsers will work). The webapp looks and feels very similar to the desktop application but there are few limitations to this technology (see below). The advantages ...
Browser Beta Version Information
The browser version of our software uses a technology called WebAssembly which is very new and is only available in recent versions of browsers. We are making these versions available on an "as is" basis with no warranties whatsoever. While they are ...
How to Get Started