What is the ideamapper webapp?
The ideamapper webapp allows you to use ideamapper on a web browser (most up-to-date browsers will work). The webapp looks and feels very similar to the desktop application but there are few limitations to this technology (see below).
The advantages are:
- No need to install anything on your computer. Just open your browser, connect to the webapp, log in and your off.
- You will require a subscription, though we aim to always have a "free" version available for you to use even without a subscription.
- Your data is saved in the ideamapper cloud, no need to fear data loss. However, we do recommend that you download your maps to your own device regularly to ensure data is not deleted accidently.
- There is no limit to the number of devices you use, but the data and subscription is linked to your login.
- We use a technology called "Webassembly" which is quite advanced and only supported by the latest browser versions.
- The first time start-up of the webapp can take a several seconds (up to a minute) and this depends greatly on the following factors:
- The speed of your internet connection (the more the better). The application downloads something like 40 MBytes which is considerably more than your average website will download, but once downloaded the next startup should be much faster. When the application is running additional files may be downloaded such as clipart, spell checker libraries, phrase bank files, examples and templates.
- The speed of your device (faster is better). When the application has been downloaded it needs to be "compiled" which takes longer on a slow device. But once compiled the next startup should be much faster.
- The browser version (more recent is better). The application load time and overall performance is greatly affected by the browser version. We have found that more modern browsers allow us to compensate somewhat for lack of performance of the actual device.
Try the WebApp Beta
The ideamapper webapp allows you to use ideamapper on a web browser (most up-to-date browsers will work). The webapp looks and feels very similar to the desktop application Click here to try. Click here for more information about it.
What is the WebApp Beta ("Demo") edition?
IdeaMapper is available as public beta webapp at https://webappdemo.ideamapper.com. This document has been updated on Monday, 20th of March 2023. Click here for more information on what a webapp is. Please note a number of important messages: You use ...
Research Methodology and Background ideamapper is a piece of software that has been made in a unique collaboration between a software design team and a team of psychologists who specialize in education and learning. Initially conceived in order to ...
Download ideamapper Pro
Download ideamapper Version 4.0.0007. Click here to view the release notes. For users with SparkSpacePro, Report Writer, or Head Space Guru license keys, please use the below download options. Please note: The trial and retail versions of the ...
Download ideamapper Higher Ed
Download ideamapper Version 4.0.0007. Click here to view the release notes. For users with ideamapper4Students license keys, please use the below download options. Please note: The trial and retail versions of the installers are the same. When you ...